Homestyle cornbread with a twist!
2 cups of Self-Rising Corn Meal Mix
3 tablespoons of Honey (for a sweeter bread double the Honey)
1.5 cups of milk
1 egg, beaten
¾ cup of JPs Que Warm Invierno Sauce
- Preheat the oven 425 degrees
- Generously coat your cast iron skillet with cooking spray. Place cast iron skillet in the oven to heat up the pan and oil. While this is in the oven mix your ingredients.
- Combine corn meal, honey, milk, and egg in a bowl. Once combined, check the temperature of your cast iron skillet. Drop a small amount of mix into your skillet, if it sizzles immediately go ahead and pour the remainder of your mix in.
- When the mix is in the skillet, use your Warm Invierno sauce and pour it into the mix using a swirling motion to create your desired pattern. Using a butter knife go over the pattern to incorporate the sauce into the batter.
- Place into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.